Quality Improvement News
Congratulations to our fellows who have presented their QI work at national conferences or had their projects formally published in peer-reviewed journals!
- Edward Cheng, Richard McLean, Connie Wang: "Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on endoscopy cancellations," poster presentation at DDW 2021 and granted a "Poster of Distinction" award
- Nghiem Ha, Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, Connie Wang, Jessica Rubin: “Automated endoscopy template improves provider adherence to esophageal varices surveillance guidelines,” oral presentation at ACG 2020
- Myung Ko, Vivek Rudrapatna, Kavita Radhakrishnan: “Reducing unnecessary EGDs for heartburn and dyspepsia,” oral presentation at DDW 2020
- Colin Feuille, Myung Ko, Patrick Avila, Vivek Rudrapatna: “Improving referrals to genetic counseling for patients at high risk for GI cancers,” poster presentation at ACG 2019 and winner of “Outstanding Poster Presenter” award
- Former fellows Sara Lewin, Ryan McConnell, Roshan Patel: Lewin SM, McConnell RA, Patel R, et al. Improving the Quality of Inpatient Ulcerative Colitis Management: Promoting Evidence-Based Practice and Reducing Care Variation With an Inpatient Protocol. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2019;25:1822-1827.
Annual UCSF GI Quality Improvement Symposium
- 2021 UCSF Health Improvement Symposium presentation: Improving adherence to USMSTF guidelines for follow up colonoscopy - Annsa Huang, Prashant Kotwani, Connie Wang, Tanya Khan, and Cary Kraft
- Best QI Poster winner 2019: “Improving esophageal varices screening/surveillance follow up” - Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, Jessica Rubin