Quality Improvement News
Congratulations to our fellows who have presented their QI work at national conferences or had their projects formally published in peer-reviewed journals!
- Connie W. Wang, Nghiem B. Ha, Alec Faggen, Tanya Khan, Cary Kraft, Yao-Wen Cheng, Daniel Selvig, Najwa El-Nachef, Aparajita Singh. Improving Adherence to Colorectal Cancer Screening Recommendations for First-Degree Relatives of Patients With Advanced Adenomas. Poster presentation at ACG 2022. Awarded Presidential Poster and Outstanding Research Award in the Colorectal Cancer Prevention Category.
Connie Wang, Nghiem Ha, Maria Duarte, Courtney Sherman. Telemedicine Implementation in Solid Organ Transplant (SOT) Clinics Is Associated with Satisfaction Among Patients and Providers but Increased Burden on Staff. Poster Presentation at ATC 2022.
Max Brondfield, MD, Nathan Kim, MD, Rebecca Kim, MD, Richard Mclean, MD, Cheikh Njie, MD, Kendall Beck, MD "Multifaceted intervention improves bowel preparation and intra-procedural simethicone use in screening colonoscopy" oral presentation at DDW 2022
Connie Wang successfully completed Lean training in 2022 and officially recognized as a UCSF Health Lean Champion! She is among the first UCSF GME fellows to reach this milestone.
Erin Libuit, MD , Nathan Alhalel, MD, David Nagle, MD, Connie Wang, MD, Priya Kathpalia, MD, Myung Ko, MD "Appropriate use of first-line agents for constipation by primary care providers in patients referred for constipation" poster presentation at DDW 2022.
Connie Wang, Annsa Huang, Prashant Kotwani, Tanya Khan, Cary Kraft, Daniel Selvig, Najwa El-Nachef, and Aparajita Singh. "Improved adherence of colonoscopy surveillance guidelines using an automated endoscopy template to standardize evidence-based recommendations" poster presentation at DDW 2022.
Connie Wang, Nghiem Ha, Maria Duarte, and Courtney Sherman. "Telemedicine implementation in solid organ transplant clinics is associated with satisfaction among patients and providers but increased burden on staff" poster presentation at DDW 2022.
- Adam Blaisdell, Laurel Hochstetler, Colin Feuille, Bing Zhang, Arielle Klepper, Chelsea Xu, Amy Yu, Amie Blanco, Jonathan Terdiman, Aparajita Singh. "Increasing Referrals to Genetic Counseling in Patients at Elevated Risk for Lynch Syndrome" poster presentation at DDW 2022.
- Nghiem Ha, Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, and Alexis Bayudan: "Follow-up After Improved Adherence to Esophageal Variceal Surveillance Documentation and Management Recommendations Through an Automated Endoscopy Template", poster presentation at ACG 2021 and awarded "Presidential Poster Award" Link to ePoster: https://cdmcd.co/zYm4A7
- Nghiem Ha, Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, and Alexis Bayudan: "Factors Associated with Inadequate Esophageal Variceal Surveillance Following Implementation of An Automated Endoscopy Template to Standardized Variceal Management Recommendations", poster presentation at AASLD 2021.
- Adam Blaisdell, Laurel Hochstetler, Colin Feuille, Bing Zhang, Arielle Klepper, Chelsea Xu, Amy Yu, Amie Blanco, Jonathan Terdiman, Aparajita Singh. "Improving Identification of Patients Meeting Lynch Syndrome Testing Criteria in Endoscopy" poster presentation at ACG 2021 and granted the Presidential Poster Award. Link to ePoster: https://cdmcd.co/gQ74pD
- Edward Cheng, Richard McLean, Connie Wang: "Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on endoscopy cancellations," poster presentation at DDW 2021 and granted a "Poster of Distinction" award
- Nghiem Ha, Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, Connie Wang, Jessica Rubin: “Automated endoscopy template improves provider adherence to esophageal varices surveillance guidelines,” oral presentation at ACG 2020
- Myung Ko, Vivek Rudrapatna, Kavita Radhakrishnan: “Reducing unnecessary EGDs for heartburn and dyspepsia,” oral presentation at DDW 2020
- Colin Feuille, Myung Ko, Patrick Avila, Vivek Rudrapatna: “Improving referrals to genetic counseling for patients at high risk for GI cancers,” poster presentation at ACG 2019 and winner of “Outstanding Poster Presenter” award
- Former fellows Sara Lewin, Ryan McConnell, Roshan Patel: Lewin SM, McConnell RA, Patel R, et al. Improving the Quality of Inpatient Ulcerative Colitis Management: Promoting Evidence-Based Practice and Reducing Care Variation With an Inpatient Protocol. Inflamm Bowel Dis 2019;25:1822-1827.Annual UCSF GI Quality Improvement Symposium
- 2021 UCSF Health Improvement Symposium presentation: Improving adherence to USMSTF guidelines for follow up colonoscopy - Annsa Huang, Prashant Kotwani, Connie Wang, Tanya Khan, and Cary Kraft
- Best QI Poster winner 2019: “Improving esophageal varices screening/surveillance follow up” - Jin Ge, Annsa Huang, Jessica Rubin